Aurora Provides 24/7 Managed Help Desk Support for Shlemmer+Algaze+Associates
• Wanted rapid, round-the-clock response to IT support issues
• Needed to keep IT systems running to avoid downtime
• Minimal downtime to work efficiently and meet customer deadlines
• Wanted a support representative to call rather than emails and website forms
• Access to Aurora’s 24/7 Managed Helpdesk
• Technology issues handled in a prompt, efficient manner
• Improved work productivity with less downtime
• System admins focus more on long term IT goals that compliment the business plan
• Better working relationship between end users and IT staff
As one of the largest and most respected interiors and architecture firms in Southern California, Shlemmer+Algaze+Associates (SAA) is constantly working towards providing their customers quality work, including floor plans, project construction drawings and building code reviews with tight deadlines.
The company has employees in four locations, as well as staff who work from their home. A working computer, network connectivity, and access to data/network applications are paramount to achieving these goals.
“No one can afford to have their staff waiting for their PC to be fixed,” said Aurora President Philip de Souza. “They need a resource that can quickly address these issues so that they can get back to being productive and profitable. That’s what Aurora provides with our 24/7 Managed Helpdesk. The average wait time to reach a trained tech analyst is just a few seconds.”
“We’re still building awareness of the Helpdesk within our company,” said Yun Day, firm administrator for SAA. “I use the Helpdesk all the time, for software and hardware issues, as well as when I’ve been working at home and had issues with the network.”
Thus far, Day reports that all inquiries received a quick response, and all issues have been resolved. This includes the time the docking station on her laptop was malfunctioning. “The power was intermittent so it wouldn’t stay on, but Aurora was able to help me with that,” she said.
In talking with other SAA team members, Day found that everyone who has used the Helpdesk has also been satisfied with the experience. “It has been used after hours, and on weekends, and the response time is the same,” she found.
In addition to the Helpdesk, Aurora also arranges pre-scheduled visits to SAA locations to address problems, often before they develop into a serious situation. “We always try to be pro-active,” de Souza said. “And between visits the majority of problems that occur are typically minor, and the Helpdesk is perfect for that. Our objective to make certain all of our clients are functioning at full IT capability, with no downtime.”